24 June 2017

LIVE! in Orlando, Florida!: IAJGS, July 23-28, 2017

At last summer's International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies Conference I was honored to be selected to present one of the LIVE! presentations: "Beyond the Manifest: Methods for Confirming One's Ancestral Origins." 

A few weeks ago I was trying to out-guess the program planners for this year's IAJGS 2017 in Orlando, Florida and determined that, based upon preliminary room assignments for my six (!) talks, I was not going to carried LIVE! Well, I just checked the 2017 conference schedule this morning and discovered that LIVE! sessions are now listed and they include two of my sessions. Yes!

More than 50 IAJGS LIVE! presentations (and handouts) will be available online as they are being presented. These videos will continue to be available on-demand via Internet connection through 1 November 2017. The entire LIVE! conference schedule will be available to those who pay $149. A single day of LIVE! is $89.

Information about LIVE! seems a bit hidden on the IAJGS conference website. If one starts at the conference homepage, enter live into the search box on the upper right. To actually see the list of LIVE! sessions right now, one must check the program schedule.

It seems that one must go into the conference registration area on the IAJGS conference webpage to register and pay for for access to presentations included in LIVE! 

My two LIVE! sessions will be:
  • "Learning Our Craft: Online Opportunities for Improving Our research Skills," Wednesday, July 26, 11:15 AM - 12:30 PM; and
  • "Blogging Family History: Reading, Writing, and Sharing," Thursday, July 27, 8:15 - 9:30 AM

In addition, I will be presenting:
  • "Beyond the Manifest: Methods for Confirming One's Ancestral Origins," Tuesday, July 25, 11:15 AM - 12:30 PM;
  • "When it Takes a Village: Applying Cluster Research Techniques," Wednesday, July 26, 2:00-3:15 PM;
  • "Memory and Mystery: Breaking Down Family Lore," Wednesday, JUly 26, 3:30 - 4:45 PM; and
  • "Where's the Beef? Well-Done Research and Evidence Analysis," Wednesday, July 26, 5:00 - 6:15 PM.
In addition to the videos included in LIVE!, there is an opportunity to purchase MP3s (audio) of most of the conference presentations. I always enjoy this package. I load them onto my iPod and listen to them as I exercise during the months between conferences.

I look forward to seeing you in Orlando! If not, see ya at the movies (er...on screen). 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on posts are always welcome but will be approved before posting. I actually prefer to just let people comment without going through this rigmarole, but I've recently had to delete some posts that I had not vetted before publication. So, please don't be offended. I love to hear from you!