18 May 2017

New! Jewish Geneabloggers List

Emily Garber ©️ 2013
Recently, Thomas MacEntee announced that he will no longer update his blog GeneaBloggers and his Genealogy Blog Roll. Thomas' blog roll has more than 3,000 genealogy blog listings and it has been not only a useful source for readers, but also a useful marketing tool for bloggers.

I do not intend to completely duplicate those functions, but I have recently gone through GeneaBloggers' Blog Roll and extracted the blogs that self-identify with Jewish genealogy. I have accessed each, noted which ones are actively blogging (arbitrarily defined as publishing new posts in 2017) and which ones seem to be on hiatus. I have also added a few blogs that I know are relevant, but were not listed on GeneaBloggers.

I intend to keep this list current. How current will depend upon how many Jewish bloggers contact me when they start new blogs or restart old ones.

You may visit this new resource via the tab, above: Jewish Geneabloggers.*

If you are a Jewish genealogy blogger and you are not listed, please let me know via the email address shown on the Jewish Geneabloggers page.
--------------------------
* In case you are wondering, I asked Thomas MacEntee if it would be alright for me to use the term "geneabloggers." He gave me permission.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for providing this great resource. I know I haven't been blogging very much recently and it may be even less this summer, as I am taking the B.U. Certificate in Genealogy course. I do try to post at least once a month (at both my blogs) so I don't appear dormant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you are doing much better than many!. I am pleased you are taking the Boston U. course. I was in OL14. Very worthwhile. Hope to see you at an IAJGS conference sometime again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily,

    I want to let you know that your blog post is listed in today's Genealogy Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2017/05/janas-genealogy-fab-finds-for-may-19.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts are always welcome but will be approved before posting. I actually prefer to just let people comment without going through this rigmarole, but I've recently had to delete some posts that I had not vetted before publication. So, please don't be offended. I love to hear from you!